FENDER AMERICAN PRO JAZZ BASS LH RW 3-COLOR SUNBURST
A SEISMIC SHIFT
At Fender, we live and breathe electric instruments. We never rest—pushing craftsmanship to its limits, we design, test and endlessly experiment to create the best instruments on the planet. The Jazz Bass, a refinement of concepts first introduced in the Precision Bass, is the earliest example of this philosophy in action. Evolved for today’s musician, the American Professional Jazz Bass Left-Hand combines modern features and materials with Fender’s craftsmanship and expertise to produce a truly contemporary bass.
- Two Michael Bump-designed V-Mod single-coil Jazz Bass pickups
- Slim modern “C”-shaped neck profile
- Bone nut; 20 narrow-tall frets for familiar playing feel
- HiMass™ Vintage bridge for increased sustain
- Fluted-shaft tuning machines; Posiflex graphite rods for neck reinforcement
- "Left-handed" potentiometers for master volume and tone controls
- Includes Elite Molded hardshell case
V-Mod Jazz Bass pickups are modified versions of our classic vintage pickup designs. These single-coil pickups use alnico 5 magnets on the treble side and alnico 2 on the bass side to deliver classic tone with all the vintage warmth and crisp, clear sound that made Fender a legend.
SLIM “MODERN C” NECK PROFILE
This instrument features a modern neck designed for comfort and performance, with a slim, modern “C”-shaped profile (the shape of the neck in cross section), 9.5” fingerboard radius and narrow-tall frets.
Narrow-tall frets are taller and narrower than their medium jumbo cousins, making them especially effective for bending notes and playing chords up the neck with perfect intonation.
NEW FLUTED-SHAFT TUNING MACHINES
Wider at the top than the bottom, the fluted shafts force the string windings downward and keep them tight, resulting in a sharper and consistent break angle over the nut, creating increased sustain and better tuning stability.
POSIFLEX™ GRAPHITE RODS
All American Professional bass necks incorporate Posiflex graphite rods to reinforce against movement that can occur with fluctuations the environment. Embedded beneath the fingerboard, they improve reliability on the road, in the studio or in your home.
NEW HARDSHELL CASE
The Elite Molded Case features body-hugging contours to protect your cherished instrument, TSA latches for increased security and nested stacking ability for easy storage and secure transport.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: "Slim C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass™ Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case