JACKSON SLX KOA
Distinctive and affordable, Jackson’s X Series Soloist™ models are built for speed, and loaded with purebred Jackson DNA.
The X Series Soloist™ SLX features a basswood body with koa top, through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement and tilt-back scarf joint headstock, and a 12"-16" fully bound compound radius dark rosewood fingerboard (with 24 jumbo frets and pearloid sharkfin inlays) that curves more dramatically at the nut for easy chording and flattens out as it approaches the neck joint for low-action bends without fretting out.
Duncan Designed™ alnico HB-103N (neck) and high-output ceramic HB-103B (bridge) humbucking pickups power this metal beast, which also includes master volume and tone controls, three-way blade switching and a Floyd Rose® Special double-locking two-point tremolo.
Available in Koa with black hardware.
NAME-BRAND PICKUPS AND HARDWARE
Jackson X series models feature a selection of EMG® and Duncan Designed™ humbucking pickups for unparalleled tonal versatility from clean to heavily distorted. All tremolo-equipped models feature Floyd Rose® Special bridges.
GRAPHITE-REINFORCED NECK-THROUGH DESIGN
True neck-through-body construction has been a Jackson hallmark since 1980. For greater playability and sustain, X Series models feature a neck-through design usually reserved for much more expensive instruments. Further, graphite support rods flanking the truss rod provide even more neck stability to help the instrument withstand the rigors of the road.
X Series models feature compound-radius fingerboards. Jackson pioneered the use of this innovative design, in which the fingerboard gradually flattens toward the heel from its more rounded profile at the nut. This makes for comfortable and natural-feeling chording and riffing near the nut, with optimal shred articulation and bending nearer the heel.
GORGEOUS JACKSON STYLE
The X Series presents a wealth of distinctive Jackson stylistic options from the subdued to the striking. Sharkfin or “piranha” fingerboard inlays. The traditional Jackson six-in-line headstock or an AT headstock with tuners on either side. Deep solid colors or beautifully figured tops. The X Series has something for everyone.
- Model Name: X Series Soloist™ SLX Koa, Rosewood Fingerboard, Koa
- Color: Natural
- Body Shape: Soloist™
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Finish: Satin
- Body Top: Koa
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Neck-Through-Body Maple with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Shape: Through-Body Maple Speed Neck with Tilt-Back Scarf Joint Headstock
- Neck Binding: White
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Floyd Rose® Special Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43mm)
- Neck Plate: None
- Neck Finish: Painted
- Fingerboard: Dark Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Bridge Pickup: Duncan Designed™ HB-102B Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Duncan Designed™ HB-103N Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Special Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: Black Dome Style
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges
- Unique Features: Through-Body neck construction, Floyd Rose® Special Bridge, Duncan Designed™ HB-102-B and HB-102N Pickups