FENDER LTD AMERICAN VINTAGE 59 PINE STRAT
Fender's original prototype instruments were fashioned from pine and now, with the 2017 Limited Edition American Vintage '59 Pine Stratocaster we've come full circle. This body wood began its functional life over 100 years ago, as part of the Globe Grain Elevator facility in Superior, Wisconsin, before it was reclaimed, cooked and fashioned into an instrument. The grain, knotholes and man-made imperfections make each one unique.
COOKED, RECLAIMED PINE BODY
This unique guitar is hand-crafted from 130-year-old pine reclaimed from the Globe Grain Elevator facility in Superior, Wisconsin, complete with original grain, knotholes and man-made imperfections. A lightweight wood, pine provides ringing sustain and a warm, round tone. "Cooking" is a thermal treatment that removes moisture, sweetens the tone and darkens the natural color of the wood.
FIGURED MAPLE NECK WITH "D"-SHAPED PROFILE
Crafted from exclusive aged, figured maple, this guitar's "D"-shaped neck profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) is sculpted to be the most accurate period-correct specification possible, imparting an authentic vintage playing feel. A '50s-era design, it's notably less rounded than other neck profiles and is ideal for players with large hands whose thumb extends well over the side of the fingerboard.
HAND-RUBBED OIL NECK FINISH
The hand-rubbed oil finish on the back of the neck of this guitar is a high-end feature that imparts a richly smooth fret-hand feel, allowing you to glide with speed and comfort from the first fret all the way up to the highest reaches of the fingerboard.
PURE VINTAGE PICKUPS
This guitar comes equipped with specially voiced pickups meticulously researched and crafted to reproduce the authentic design, voice and performance of original era single-coil Strat pickups from 1959. Their superior sound and style is one of the defining hallmarks of this guitar's sound.
BLACK ANODIZED ALUMINUM PICKGUARD
A 1-ply anodized aluminum pickguard gives this guitar a classic and classy look.
LIMITED EDITION NECK PLATE
As a special appointment, this guitar features an engraved 'Limited Edition' neck plate marking it as a special instrument.
- Body Material: Cooked Reclaimed Pine
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: Figured Maple
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Oil
- Neck Shape: "D" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '59 Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Pure Vintage '59 Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage '59 Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black Anodized Aluminum
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Other Features: Limited Edition Neck Plate, Laser Engraved Logo on Headstock
- Legal Notice: Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice
- Case/Gig Bag: Hardshell Case